Here at Brushmasters XP, we are proud to be able to offer various carpentry services to give your home the bold look that you are looking for. Our carpentry services include but are not limited to accent fireplaces, archways, and staircases. We also have an updated trim package that offers these services and more. One of the most common types of carpentry services requested is cabinet carpentry. Cabinet carpentry can range anywhere from building whole new cabinet doors to just adding in designs to your existing cabinets. Whatever the look is that you may be going for, we at Brushmasters XP have you covered and we would be more than happy to hear about your ideas for your home so that we can come bring them to life with our high-quality cabinetry services.
Now, carpentry is a highly-skilled job that should be done by an experienced professional with a good reputation, so, before hiring any old carpenter to take on your job, be sure to do your research so that you don’t end up with a result that is not what you had in mind when you hired the carpenter.
Hiring a carpenter: what to know
- Read plenty (good and bad) reviews on sites like Yelp and Angi’s List
- Ask family members, friends, and neighbors for recommendations on carpenters that they have used before or that they trust
- If you already have a specific carpenter in mind that you’d like to use, research their licensing and insurance information before bringing them into your home to complete the job
- You can also schedule a consultation with a carpenter before you hire them to show them your home and give them an idea of the project you have in mind (during this consultation, you can ask the carpenter questions like: how long have you been a carpenter? is your experience mostly commercial or residential? do you enjoy your work?)… once the carpenter answers these questions, you can get a better feel for the person and whether or not you still would want to hire them for your project
- Discuss your budget with the carpenter you end up choosing so that he/she is aware of how much you feel comfortable spending before he/she starts the job and buys the supplies, tools, etc.
- Make it clear whether or not you feel comfortable with your carpenter working on your home when you are not there
- Get an idea of how long the job will take by maintaining clear communication with your carpenter of choosing
- Be sure to tip your carpenter and leave them a nice online review if you end up happy with the results of the carpentry job
- Let your friends and family know whether or not their recommendations were good
- Keep the carpenter’s contact information handy for the next time you may need another carpentry project done
As you can now see, there is quite a bit that goes into finding a quality carpenter to complete a project for you. We hope this list helped you to determine where you should start when you begin thinking about having some kind of carpentry service done in your home or office space.
Types of carpentry services
- Rough carpentry (includes planning, building, and maintaining structures on buildings by constructing wooden structures)
- Joister (constructs floor joists when fixing the surfaces of floors)
- Trim carpentry/Green carpentry/Scenic carpentry (specialize in building trims and moldings, as well as mantles, cornices, skirting boards, and architraves)
- Cabinet carpentry/Woodworking (focuses on building cabinets for kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, or anywhere else that has cabinets)
- Ship carpentry (focus on shipbuilding)
- Framer (build framing for buildings residential or commercial)
- Roofer (includes planning, building, and maintaining rafters, trusses, and beams involved in building roofs)
There are many types of carpentry services, so we wanted to make that clear that there is not just one kind of carpentry. Depending on the project that you have in mind to hire a carpenter for, you should do your research specifically on the type of carpenter that matches the type of carpentry project you are looking to get done. For example, if you want your wooden floors redone, you should research a Joister and not a Framer or Roofer. If you want your cabinets done, you should research a cabinet carpenter and not a Rough carpenter.
Now that you know what to research when you need carpentry services done and the different types of carpenters that you can hire, we hope you feel more informed about carpentry in general. We at Brushmasters XP hope to be your source if you would like any further information on this topic or if you would like to inquire about the carpentry services we offer, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! We look forward to speaking with you soon so that we can bring your ideas to life.